susanvoss18

susanvoss18

Shifted Perspective

Shifted Perspective - J. Bridger I’m going to let you in on a little secret:

This book is so not me: No sex, little violence, like 3 cuss words, high cuteness factor. And I LOVED every minute of it.

But I am not going to beat myself up over that. No, instead I am going to tell you all why J. Bridger is now on my watch list. If she is this good a writer now, imagine what she can do in the next few years.

This book was a fast-paced, fun read full of humor and wit. I read it in three nights, the last night reading over half the book. I simply didn’t want to put my ‘little cocker’ book down. My man was amused. I simply found it fascinating to watch Caleb deal with this ridiculous situation; what would you do if you found out Senior year you were a shape shifter and that the shape you’re stuck with is a cocker spaniel? I loved how Caleb had to muddle through much of it on his own (that’s what coming of age is) but he still had the support of some caring adults and contemporary friends. Throw in the tension of relationship problems and male dominance pissing contests, and you have some real life scenarios that readers can relate to.